Wisconsin Future filmmaker Competition
Deadline extended to midnight February 18, 2017
Win mentoring, scholarships, and a chance to show your film at the
Seventh Annual Green Bay Film Festival in 2017
The competition is free to enter and open to Wisconsin students enrolled in elementary, middle or high school. A panel of judges will select ten finalists. Three of the ten finalists will be named the first, second and third place winners of the competition during the 2017 Green Bay Film Festival awards ceremony. Selected participants may be asked to participate in our Filmmaker – Composer Program.
For more information contact [email protected]
All students, crew & parents will be invited to our Bootcamp Saturday February 25th from 9 am-12 pm. Professionals from the industry will engage & instruct the students on their current and future experiences making film.
- All participants receive a special invitation to a mentoring seminar with film industry professionals on Saturday the weekend prior to the film festival.
- The top 10 finalists will receive two weekend passes to the 2016 Green Bay Film Festival.
- The first, second and third place films will play in a special film screening during the festival’s awards ceremony on Sunday March 6, 2016.
- The first, second & third place filmmakers will receive a small cash scholarship of $250, $150, $75 respectively.
- Students must be enrolled in a Wisconsin elementary, middle or high school during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Entry form can be downloaded using the links below
- Entries must relate to the following category:
- Celebrating Your Hometown
- Favorite things about/organizations in Green Bay
- Films must be 3 minutes or less (including titles and credits) and produced for under $100.
- Release forms for all persons appearing in the film must be submitted with entry form (no exceptions).
- All music and stock-footage used must be properly licensed.
- Must be produced, written, filmed, and edited entirely by students.
- Subject matter should be school appropriate (no extreme violence or inappropriate language).
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Expression of creativity
- Ability to communicate message or storyline
- Technical ability: audio, camera work, lighting, and editing
To apply, send a scanned copy of the entry form along with the link to your film to [email protected].org. Films must be uploaded online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and submitted by URL link in the application. Please be sure the link works, is legible and available thru 3/5/17. For questions about submitting, email [email protected]
Applications must be received by midnight on February 18, 2017
PDF Version of the Future Filmmaker Guidelines 2017