Wisconsin Future Filmmakers Competition
Win mentoring, scholarships, and a chance to show your film at the Eighth Annual Green Bay Film Festival in 2018
The competition is free to enter and open to Wisconsin students enrolled in elementary, middle or high school. A panel of judges will select ten finalists. Three of the ten finalists will be named the first, second and third place winners of the competition during the 2018 Green Bay Film Festival awards ceremony.
- The top 10 finalists will receive a special invitation to a mentoring seminar with film industry professionals on Sunday, March 4, 2018.
- The top 10 finalists will receive two weekend passes to the 2018 Green Bay Film Festival.
- The first, second and third place films will play in a special film screening during the festival’s awards ceremony on Sunday, March 4, 2018.
- The first, second & third place filmmakers will receive a small cash scholarship of $250, $150, $75 respectively.
- Students must be enrolled in a Wisconsin elementary, middle or high school during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Entries must relate to this year’s theme: homage to your favorite director or movie scene
- Films must be 3 minutes or less (including titles and credits) and produced for under $100.
- Release forms for all persons appearing in the film must be submitted with entry form (no exceptions).
- All music and stock-footage used must be properly licensed.
- Must be produced, written, filmed, and edited entirely by students.
- Subject matter should be school appropriate (no extreme violence or inappropriate language).
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
Expression of creativity
Ability to communicate message or storyline
Technical ability: audio, camera work, lighting, and editing
To apply, complete the entry form below along with the link to your film to email@example.com. Films must be uploaded online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and submitted by URL link in the application. Please be sure the link works, is legible and available thru 3/4/18. For questions about submitting, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Using This Entry Form Now
Applications must be received by midnight on February 18, 2018